You can do more to help your children gain a high quality education and to give them an amazing experience at Pleasant Grove Christian School!
As a dedicated Guardian parent, you can help out by volunteering to:
- Monitor Lunch
- Assist the students on Service Days
- Help keep the school clean
- Help supervise and run the annual Play Day
- Assist students and teachers with the care of our Green Houses
Pageant Food Drive
- When compiling a curriculum, we at Pleasant Grove give the students’ spiritual and academic welfare our highest consideration. The staff will determine the curriculum for each year with an eye toward the educational and spiritual needs of the students. Some of the Christian textbook publishers who are notable in their particular fields will be chosen. Some of the current Christian publishers include: BJU Press, ACSI, Apologia Press, and ABEKA. Other resources, such as Internet sites and secular publications may be used when in accordance with the vision of Pleasant Grove Christian School. Students will also read various novels from secular publishers, which are part of the traditional canon of Western literature. When using a secular text or novel, students will be encouraged to think critically and to look at the content from a Biblical perspective.
- Different courses will be offered different years on a rotational basis to meet the needs of our students. These courses will be in a traditional, teacher-led classroom. It is the Mission of PGCS to meet or exceed all the requirements needed for graduation. Different methodologies will be used to ensure each student makes up any missing requirements. Some of the methods used may be: Independent study, dual enrollment, summer school, or web-based options. We at PGCS intend to leave no serious student behind.
*All of our core courses use Bob Jones University Press as the main curriculum, although we do supplement with other curriculum (the Internet, guest speakers, newspapers, etc.) to enhance the education experience. Below, you can download course information that is traditionally being either middle school or high school courses; however, we do recognize that advanced 8th grade students may earn high school credit by taking some of the high school courses.*
Faculty and Staff
Dr. Rickie Stubbs
Pastor of Pleasant Grove Church
Administrator of Pleasant Grove Christian School
Boys' Basketball Coach
High School Principal/Accounts Manager
Math, Physical Sciences Teacher, Coed Softball Coach
Middle School History and Science
Middle School Principal
Fine Arts Director
Language Arts, Spanish, and Music/Drama Teacher
Girls' Basketball & Volleyball Coach
History, Biological Sciences, Speech & Debate Teacher, Greenhouse Manager